«Yandex.The market» has prepared a list of popular products and categories expiring 2018. Electronics and computer engineering took second and third place in the list of categories. Most often, consumers are interested in smartphones, accessories, laptops and televisions.
The demand for Android smartphones is 82% against 15% on iOS. The most popular Xiaomi Redmi Note 5. This brand has become the first popular, followed by Apple and Samsung, and third place Huawei and Honor.
Top 5 smartphones looks like this:
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 4/64 GB.
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 4/64 GB.
- Samsung Galaxy S8 4/64 GB.
- X Apple iPhone 64 GB.
- Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus 3/32 GB.
As for the laptop market, Asus leaders (21%), Lenovo (16%) and HP (13%). Despite this, in the top 3 laptops includes:
- Apple MacBook Pro (2017) with a diagonal of 13 inches.
- Xiaomi Mi Notebook Pro with a diagonal of 15.6 inches.
- Apple MacBook Air (2017) with a diagonal of 13 inches.
Operating systems the situation is as follows: 58% Windows 13% Linux, 12% DOS and 10% — macOS.
First place in the category popular products of the year hold the goods for the house. The sections «Products», «pet Products», «Clothes, shoes and accessories» are the fastest growing compared to last year they grew by 70%, 55% and 45%, respectively.
These studies are based on the transitions in online shopping in the period from 1 January to 9 December 2018.
Huawei announced the new year promotion, under which customers of the online store of the brand will receive gifts and discounts on smartphones and tablets.
- Honor 7A, 7A Pro, Huawei Y5, Y6 Huawei, Huawei Band 2 Pro Sport Huawei, Huawei Band 3 — 500 rubles
- 7C Honor, Honor 9 Lite, Huawei P Smart, CM51 Huawei, Huawei AF15 — 1000 rubles
- 7X Honor, Huawei MediaPad 10 M5 WIFI — 2000 rubles
- Huawei MediaPad M5 8 — 3500 rubles
- Honor 10 4+64 GB — 4000 rubles
- Honor 10 4+128 GB, Huawei P20 — 5000 rubles
- Huawei MediaPad 10 LTE M5 — 6000 rubles
- Huawei MediaPad 10 M5 Pro 7000 rubles
- Huawei P20 Pro — 10 000 rubles
When purchasing Honor 8X, Huawei Mate Pro 20 8C and Honor customers will receive additional gifts, and the smartphone Honor Play Honor and 10 are secret discount coupons. To obtain them from 13 to 23 December, you must leave E-mail on the promotions page.
Special conditions apply only to registered online store users.
Huawei presented the smartphone Nova 4 is the first company with a hole in the display for the front camera. In addition, the novelty is almost flagship specs and costs less than $ 500.
- Display: 6,4″, 2310×1080, TFT LCD
- Processor: OCTA-core Kirin 970, at 2.36 GHz, Mali-G72 MP12
- Memory: 8 GB RAM, 128 GB
- Camera: 48+16+2 MP, f/1,8+2,2+2,4 (triple main), 25 MP, f/2.0 (front)
- Battery: 3750 mAh
- OS: Android 9 Pie, EMUI 9.0.1
- Connection: USB Type-C, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, LTE
In addition to modifications to record the main camera on the 48 MP, there is a model with a set of basic sensors 20+16+2 MP. All the cameras support processing using neural networks, AR-stickers, 3D Qmoji, time-lapse and portrait mode.
Responsible for the performance of not only the chipset Kirin 970 used in the flagship Huawei Mate Huawei 10 and P20, but a software and GPU Turbo to optimise the graphics subsystem.
In China, Huawei Nova 4 is 3399 yuan (~32 800 rubles) for the version with a 48-megapixel main camera and 3099 yuan (~29 900 rubles) with a 20-megapixel «pupil».
Mobile apps and the web version of «Yandex.Cards» there were collections of urban places, including restaurants and leisure establishments.
The collections are composed of urban experts, journalists and media, including the edition of «Billboard», Meduza and KudaGo. While most of the recommendations made for the Moscow and St. Petersburg, but in the future there will be collections and for the regions.
We wanted to combine references from popular publications and the capabilities of modern cards, where is the actual information. Now you can not only read selections from experts who you trust, but also to find interesting places on the map, check the time, view the menu or build the route, product Manager Yuri Bolotov
The collections are divided into categories: food, entertainment, shopping, services, places for children, but on the eve of new year holidays has a theme recommendation.
Along with Nova 4, Huawei unveiled budget smartphone Enjoy 9. It differs a long battery life and good performance.
- Display: 6,26″, 1520×720, TFT LCD
- Processor: OCTA core Snapdragon 450, 1.8 GHz, Adreno 506
- Memory: 3 GB RAM, 32 GB constant, microSD slot
- Camera: 13+2 MP (main double), 8 MP (front)
- Battery: 4000 mAh
- OS: Android Oreo 8.1, 8.2 EMUI
- Communication: Wi-Fi 802.11 n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, LTE, headphone Jack, Dual SIM
Photos taken on a smartphone, branded processed artificial intelligence. It identifies 22 categories of scenes and helps to make the pictures as natural.
Huawei conducted a series of tests budget smartphone: USB connector stand 10 thousand connection cable, and power key — 200 thousand taps.
In China, sales Enjoy 9 has already begun at the price of 999 yuan (~9 600 rubles). It is available in the colors of Aurora Blue, Coral Red, Aurora Violet and Black Magic Night.
During the presentation of the smartphone Huawei Nova 4 in China, the company also announced a new version of the laptop that could potentially compete with Apple MacBook Air (2018).
Huawei MateBook got a 13.3-inch IPS-display with a resolution of 2160×1440 pixels (3:2). The screen is 88% of the surface around it with a thickness of only 4.4 mm. Maximum display brightness is 300 nits, a minimum of 240 nits.
The weight of the laptop is 1.28 kg, the thickness of 14.9 mm. the Body is made of aluminum.
As the processor uses the eighth generation Intel Core i7-8568U (Whiskey Lake) or Intel Core i5-8265. Graphics card discrete NVIDIA MX150 with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory. RAM is one option — 8 GB built-in 256 or 512 GB PCIe NVMe SSD.
Battery volume 3670 mAh battery promises up to 10 hours on a single charge. Available quick charge: 15 minutes will give 2.5 hours of autonomy. As operating system Windows 10.
MateBook equipped with three ports Type-C 3.5 mm mini-jack. In the power key built into the fingerprint scanner. Supported adapters 802.11 ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5.0, sound stereo Dolby Atmos, camera for video calls with a resolution of 1 Megapixel.
Selling Huawei MateBook 13 from 1 January 2019. Cost in China:
- i5+8 GB RAM+256 GB ROM — 5399 yuan (~52 000)
- i5+8 GB RAM+512GB ROM — 5699 yuan (~55 000)
- i7+8GB RAM+512GB ROM — 6399 yuan (~61 700 rubles)
Poweramp, one of the most popular music players on Android, got updated to version 3.0.
The update brings a new audio engine that can work with Hi-Res audio, as well as updated the new EQ and reverb effects.
In terms of interface changed everything: menus, panels, dialogs and notifications — now it is more like Material Design. In addition, the play button of the mini player appeared the amplitude of the sound.
If before the design of the application was mainly used by the black color, it is now possible to try the built-in light theme. As before, the player will support third-party skins.
Poweramp 3.0 is already available in Google Play. A free trial is available for two weeks, then you will have to pay 99 rubles.
HTC has introduced a mainstream smartphone Desire 12s which resembles the back devices Google Pixel: the panel is divided into glossy and textured parts.
- Dimensions: 154,2×72,7×8.3 mm, 150 g
- Display: the 5.7″, 1440×720
- Processor: OCTA core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435, Adreno 505
- Memory: 3/4 GB of RAM, 32/64 constant, a slot for microSD
- Camera: 13 MP, f/2.0 (main), 13 MP, f/2,2 (front)
- Battery: 3075 mAh
- OS: Android 8.1 Oreo, HTC Sense
- Connection: microUSB, wifi 802.11 n, Bluetooth 4.2, LTE, GPS, NFC, headphone Jack, Dual SIM
The main camera consists of only one sensor, which is unusual for a smartphone in 2018. But it is equipped with HDR, panorama mode and can record videos in FullHD.
Responsible for the safety of the fingerprint scanner on the rear panel, and NFC allows you to pay through Google Pay.
HTC Desire 12s is available in black, silver and red colors at a price of NT $ 5990 (~12 900 rubles) for version 3 of+32 GB, and $ 6990 (~15 100) 4+64 GB.
Developer from Australia made the app to play music from Spotify on the Macintosh SE/30, production of which ceased in 1990.
Steve Smith called app MacPlayer. It connects to the account via Spotify Connect, available by subscription, and allows you to listen to playlists, change tracks, adjust the volume and even view album art.
The sound from the Mac SE is passed to any speakers with support for Wi-Fi.
In the process of creating applications Steve faced a number of difficulties. In particular, user authentication through the API and different text encoding (Spotify UTF-8 and MacRoman on Mac own). Both issues are fixed and Steve shared a step-by-step instructions for running MacPlayer on the Macintosh SE.