Last week, Samsung started to update to Android Oreo smartphones Galaxy S8 and S8+ in Germany, today the list of countries is enlarged.
Residents of Russia, the Netherlands, Poland and India can install the update today. Package size 1.3 GB.
Together with the Android version has been updated proprietary shell Samsung Experience to version 9.0. About the major innovations we’ve talked previously. The most important:
- The notification in the app icon (with number or without number).
- Support shortcuts (when you long hold the icons).
- In the original keyboard appeared color schemes and animated gifs.
- New styles of watches for the lock screen and Always On Display.
- The possibility of cloning messengers.
- Support audio codec for high quality audio (including AAC and Sony LDAC).
The development of the update began in December 2017. In January, the company released the final release to a test group. It is expected that the Samsung Galaxy S9 will work with a pre-installed version of Android Oreo.