Google has released a test build OS Wear Developer Preview, which brings on a wearable device some features from the Android P.
The changes are available immediately:
- Dark theme GUI installed by default.
- To increase the stability of applications developers should not use interfaces that are not part of the SDK.
Changes are unfolding gradually:
- Apps can’t run in the background. The exceptions are the dials and widgets on them. Standby will continue to work.
- Auto disable Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and LTE when the watch is removed from the hand for a long time.
- Disabling Wi-Fi when Bluetooth is turned off in cases where the watch is not on charging, and the applications do not require a network with high bandwidth.
Wear OS Developer Preview is not stable build intended for developers. Its setting is made manually only for the Huawei Watch 2 and Watch 2 Classic.
Android Developer Blog