Xiaomi introduced the Redmi budget smartphone S2. A feature of the device became a front-facing camera — no wonder the first half of the presentation, the representatives of Xiaomi spoke about the photo capabilities of the new items, and S in the name stands for the «Selfie Series».
- Dimensions: 160,73×77,26×8.1 mm
- Display: 5,99”, 18:9, 1440×720
- Processor: 8-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 625, 2 GHz, Adreno 506
- Camera: 12+5 MP, aperture f/2,2 (double major), 16 MP (front)
- Memory: 3/4 GB of RAM, 32/64 GB, microSD slot (up to 256GB)
- Battery: 3080 mAh
- OS: Android 8.1, MIUI 9
- Features: unlock face, two slots for SIM, fingerprint scanner, IR port
- Colors: rose gold, gold and silver
The hardware component of your front-facing camera is 16-megapixel sensor with support for HDR and pixel size of 1.4 microns, which allows to avoid noise when shooting at night. For additional illumination provides a front flash imitating natural light. In processing photos helps artificial intelligence. Mode «AI Portrait» detects and blurs the background, and «AI Beauty» smooths out bumps and wrinkles on the skin and increases the contrast of the lipstick.
Examples of photos on the camera Redmi S2
Version with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB ROM will be available for 999 yuan (~9 800 rubles), variation with 4/64 GB will be sold for 1299 yuan (~12 800 rubles). Implementation will begin on may 17 at the major Internet platforms, including Tmall, Suning Tesco and Mi Store and offline stores in Beijing.