Within WWDC 2018 June 4, Apple introduced updates to their operating systems: iOS 12, macOS 10.14 Mojave, watchOS 5 and tvOS 12. The final release of novelties will be held in the autumn, but now available the first beta firmware for developers. On how to install them next.
Important: be sure to make backups of their devices.
Supports all iPhone (from iPhone 5s), iPad (iPad mini 2) and iPod touch 6th generation. The full list can be viewed on the official Apple website.
- Install the beta profile. On iPhone or iPad click on the link, click «Allow» and select the device.
- Then accept and reboot the device.
- After that you will arrive the update «over the air», check in settings: General > Update.
macOS 10.14 Mojave
List of Macs that support the new operating system:
- MacBook (Early 2015 or newer)
- MacBook Air (Mid 2012 or newer)
- MacBook Pro (Mid 2012 or newer)
- Mac mini (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac (Late 2012 or newer)
- iMac Pro (2017)
- Mac Pro (Late 2013, mid 2010 and mid 2012)
The installation of the beta version:
- The actions are the same as with iOS. Download the beta profile link.
- Run the file and install the profile by following the instructions, then restart the computer.
- Then go to the Mac App Store and updated.
There is a second option. You can find the firmware and install it on a separate partition without loading additional software.
Need to install Apple Watch Series 1 or newer. The first clock OSes do not support, please note.
- The same. Install through iPhone beta profile link. In the device list, be sure to select the Apple Watch.
- Accept and restart the device.
- Watch open the app and find the update under «Updates».
The least interesting updates from the most complex installation. You sure you ready for this?
Need Mac beta profile, Xcode, Apple Configurator and Apple TV 4 or 4K.
- Download profile beta tvOS on a Mac.
- Make sure you have the latest version of Xcode and macOS 10 10.13.4.
- Make sure the Apple TV is connected and turned on.
- Connect a Mac with Xcode and Apple TV to the same network.
- In Xcode, select «Window» > «Devices and Simulation» then in the window that appears, click «Devices».
- On Apple TV go to Settings, then select «Remote controls and devices > Remote application and device.» Apple TV will search for possible interface devices, including Mac.
- In Xcode, select your Apple TV in the left column under «Found».
- The status of the request to connect Apple TV appears in the details pane.
- Enter the confirmation code displayed on Apple TV, then click «Connect».
- Open Apple Configurator .
- Click «Training» and follow the instructions on the screen. Then click «Add» — > «Profiles» and select the previously downloaded.
- Restart the device. The update will appear on the console.