In the framework of the exhibition IFA 2018 Asus introduced the ZenBook laptops Flip 13 and 15 who have received touch screens with thin frames, virtual reality technology and touchpads with digital function block.
ZenBook Flip 13 (UX362) and 15 (UX562) offer a 13.3 and 15.6-inch touch display with a resolution of 1920×1080 and 1920×1080/3840×2160, respectively, which occupy 90 percent of the cover area. Both laptops offer Intel Core processors 8 gen i5-8265U or i7-8565U. Among the options for memory:
- For UX362: 8/16 GB LPDDR3 RAM, 256/512 GB SSD PCIe or SATA;
- For UX562: 16 GB of DDR4 RAM, 512 GB PCIe SSD, 2 TB HDD SATA or 256/512 GB SSD SATA;
Flip ZenBook 13-inch modification is equipped with integrated graphics Intel Graphics UHD 620, while the 15-inch model equipped with discrete graphics Nvidia GTX 1050 Max-Q with 2 GB of GDDR5 memory.
Thanks to the joint, ErgoLift, the notebook displays rotate 360 degrees, and the keyboard is slightly raised for easy typing at an angle disclosure of more than 135 degrees. Touchpads ZenBook touch Flip turn into touch numeric keypad with led backlight.
As an option next to the keyboard of the notebook can be installed additional camera for working with the viewer mixed reality Mixed Reality Viewer in Windows 10, allowing the user to place virtual objects in real space.
- UX362 (without additional camera): two USB 3.1 (Type-C), USB 2.0 (Type-A), HDMI, combo audio Jack;
- UX362 (with additional camera): two USB 3.1 (Type-C), combo audio Jack;
- UX562: USB 3.1 (Type-C, only data transfer), USB 3.1 (Type-A), USB 2.0, HDMI, slot for memory cards SD, combo audio Jack.
Data on the cost and the sales presented laptops were not announced.